Eddie Izzard [Stripped] | Terms & Conditions
lessthansix asked: Tag! Share ten facts about yourself and then send it to your 10 favorite followers! Best of luck! :)
1) I drank six liters of water today.
2) Strangers like to tell me their life stories in coffee shops and on public transit.
3) My favorite thing about being best friends with writers is having my life experiences mined for material. (See #2)
4) On Friday I received my eleventh marriage proposal. 3 are from an ex who REALLY wanted to have sex that was sanctioned by God, 6 are from characters I met on the street or at the soup kitchen, 1 was a green card dealio, and 1 is a standing offer from a friend, who I will probably say yes to one of these days, if they’re not careful.
5) Of the six or seven people that I love most in this world, I can say that I universally thought they were crazy, egomaniacal, stupid, or foreign when we first met. (One person: all of the above.)
6) I’m bad at first impressions on both ends. (See #5)
7) I am bad at the internet. I have failed my generation.
8) I am bad at being a young person in general. I’ve had to have a lot of things that apparently all the youngin’s know/do explained to me by various friends in various states of shock over the years. (Ex: Poptarts, kill/marry/fuck, spiked lemonade, cable television.)
9) I have a deep and abiding fear that I will sign an email to a professor “Love.”
10) A deer nuzzled me once when I was crying.
Frozen Swiss Landscape
In January 2005, Lake Geneva and the surrounding area were hit with a horrific ice storm. Everything was completely blanketed with ice when waves breaking on the lake’s shore hardened into a solid coating in the sub-freezing temperatures. Several boats even sank under the weight of the ice. The wind gusts reached 110 km/h (60 mph) and literally froze water sprays in their place.
I’m telling you guys…date someone you can have boozy theater debates with.
war kills people from the inside out sometimes
“In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
i think i’ve posted this before but it’s so powerful
Star Trek, Into Darkness: A Haiku
Not as gay as hoped
Mr. Quinto is handsome
Oh look-a Tribble!
Just a Typical Breakfast and Breakfast Conversation at my house
(Mara, Mamabear, and Papabear sit around a giant plate of nectarines and peaches. Because, breakfast.)
Mara: [Chewing sounds]
Mamabear: [Chewing sounds]
(Papabear whips out a topographical map.)
Papabear: Did I tell you all about the changes to the [massive fucking hiking trip he does every year] that [his crazy Italian sidekick] made? We’re taking some businessmen from Irkutsk, and a graduate student- Mara, you’d like her, she’s working on AIDS research at [my alma mater] and she’s a free-climber! Anyway, we added another 1000 foot elevation change in the middle, see, we’re taking this ridge down and around though here, and then I’m leading a voluntary day trip up this mountain..
This is a video of an eight year old singing Der Holle Rache.
It has inspired some truly disgusting comments, so I advise you all to simply enjoy the cuteness and move on. Seriously people? You can just go *aww, thats cute* and move on?
I hate grownups sometimes.
My parents have already planned out my wedding
….based on a dream my mother had last week. Cake, location, music, all already worked out.
I get very little say in all of this, except, presumably, the spouse. (That detail wasn’t filled in. Apparently gender, race and age were all very blurry. But they apparently were in a snappy pair of trousers, which, as my mother reminded me, “doesn’t necessarily mean anything.” )
My parents are all stoked to plan a queer vegan wedding in their backyard. Based on a dream.
I. I just…..how …..